In today's day and age, there is a tool for almost every job imaginable. While this is good news for those in particular industries, there's something you need to remember: Safety comes first.
Without a focus on safety, there's a higher risk you could be part of a worksite accident that causes injury or even death.
Here is a short list of some of the most dangerous tools:
- Chain saw. Thanks to its high speed and cutting power, this type of tool is one of the most dangerous you'll ever come across.
- Table or circular saw. Either way, one of these saws can cause serious injury if you make even a minor mistake.
- Nail gun. While these may be simple to use, they are every bit as dangerous as they sound. It's important that you only use a nail gun in the appropriate manner.
- Ladder. It may not be a power drill, but that doesn't make it any less dangerous. When climbing a ladder, for example, one slip could lead to you falling to the ground below.
- Power drill. It may not be as dangerous as others on this list, but the potential for injury is there.
If you find yourself using one or more of these tools, make sure you are completely certain of what you should be doing from a safety perspective. Also, wear the appropriate safety gear at all times.
In the event of a tool-related worksite accident, notify your employer of the incident, receive medical treatment and then determine if you can receive workers' compensation benefits.
Source: Home Depot, "10 Most Dangerous Construction Tools," accessed March 13, 2018