Do you work in a field that requires you to wear work boots at all times? For instance, you may need to do so if you work in construction or a warehouse setting.
While you may not think about it often, you need to wear work boots that will keep your feet safe. If you neglect to do so, one accident could cause a serious injury.
Here are some of the many things to keep in mind when buying work boots:
- Make a list of what you are looking for, such as warmth and comfort
- Shop for boots that will fit you, as wearing those that are too big or too small will cause pain and/or discomfort
- Wear the right socks when trying on work boots
- Shop for comfort and protection above all else
- Follow the care instructions after buying your boots, as you want them to remain in good condition at all times
These are among the many things to think about when buying work boots. If you don't have any experience, take your time as you compare several options.
You never know when you could be part of an accident that puts your feet at risk. For instance, this could happen if you drop something heavy. You are also taking a risk if you work outside in cold weather.
If you suffer any type of foot-related accident, stay where you are and wait for medical personnel to arrive. Also, report the injury to your employer. Doing so will make it easier for you to qualify for workers' compensation benefits to cover medical bills or lost wages if you are unable to return to your job.
Source: Coastal, "Choosing the Right Work Boot - Coastal 101," accessed Oct. 11, 2017